Football is a staple in my life, especially CHARGER football. I am a CHARGER fan, born - not raised. My mother was a San Diegan transplant, as were all her friends; she is a Greenbay Packer fan. I grew up around Cowboys, Redskins, Steelers, Saints, 49ers and Raiders fans.
I had to make a decision early in life to choose a team and be loyaly. I settled on the CHARGERS.
My loyalty increased when I attended San Diego High, the very school the CHARGERS once played at when they first transplanted to this city. That legacy increased my bond with our local team. Our school colors are blue and white, at the time I attended yellow was somehow added to the roster as well - TRUE BLUE CHARGER colors.
Now I am the crazy fan who attended her first NFL game last year, the Raider CHARGER showdown, after the CHARGERS lost to the Raiders earlier in the season - for the first time in ten years I might add. We lost that game as well, but I gained some special satisfaction from being so obnoxious despite losing, that the Raiders' fans around me were quiet (or scared). Guess they figured I had to be crazy to be rooting my team on as if they were winning, when the score board read so differently.
As I have been loyal through out the years, I feel the team (or rather owners) should be as well. As a true football fan I was taught you support your team no matter what. How devestated will I be if this team leaves our boarders. There will no longer be a home team. For now I will not dwell on the 'what-if's', but rather enjoy the right now.
My like of this season, SAN DIEGO CHARGERS. They won their first game of the season, in September of all months. The future looks promising. Great job team!
No comments:
Post a Comment